Gandhi for Beginners
The following talks with Professor Michael Nagler are an offering to supplement your learning from our other materials, including Gandhi Searches for Truth. For a Daily Thought inspired by Gandhi, visit this page. If you have any questions about any of the materials, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
1. I do dimly perceive…
2. Are we waiting on another Gandhi?
3. Who was Gandhi? (on his spirituality)
4. on Satyagraha: an in-depth introduction
5. On Truth
6. What is Ahimsa?
7. What is an “ashram” and what significance did ashrams bear on Gandhis’s work?
8. Power from within: Bramacharya and its meaning
9. “We must never lose our faith in humanity.”
10. Inner Strength: Cultivating Fearlessness
11. Gandhi as a Leader
12. Comments on Attenborough’s film, Gandhi
13. What was Gandhi really able to accomplish?
14. On Gandhi’s relationship with his family
15. What is Karma Yoga?
16. Gandhi’s Birthday and the international day of Nonviolence
17. Who Inspired Gandhi?
18. What is Swaraj?
19. Hind Swaraj
20. What is a Shanti Sena?
21. Gandhi and the New Paradigm
23. Gandhi and the Economy
24. Gandhi and Fasting